Residents can have their bulky items collected at curbside twice a year, once between the months of January to June and once between the months of July to December. Your items will be picked up on your regular collection day.
There are now 2 ways to schedule your Call It In: Bulky Item Pick Up
1. Online at myBrantford.ca
(see below). YOU MUST BE REGISTERED to schedule a pick up
2. Calling the City’s Contractor directly at 519-759-0070.
On the myBrantford.ca site you will need to “Sign In” to your account.
If you do not have an account, just “Create a New Account” it only takes a minute.
Once you have an account and are signed in:
- Go to “How Can We Help You?” on the task bar and click on the “myBulkPickup” tab.
- Answer the first two questions, and click on "Proceed"
- Type in your phone number and click “Next”
- Click on your preferred date of pick up, then “Next”
- Type in your address and what additional items are to be set out for pick up, if any.
- Check the box once you have read the collection info, then “Confirm” your appointment.
- Check all of the information for the appointment and if correct click “Done”.
An Environmental Services Staff member will check the submitted information. Once completed a reply to your request will be emailed to you (usually within 24 hours).
Furniture, appliances and other bulky items cannot be placed for collection with your regular household garbage. Instead, schedule a FREE PICK UP OF YOUR BULK ITEMS though this on-line service. As a City resident, you can have your bulky materials collected at curbside twice a year:
- Once between the months of January to June, and
- Once between the months of July to December.
Please follow the easy step by step instructions below to schedule your collection service. If you have any issues scheduling this service on-line, bulk collections can also be scheduled through the City’s Bulk Collection Line at 519-759-0070.
- This service is not available to business locations which receive regular curbside garbage collection service from the City’s collection contractor.
- Household hazardous wastes, tires, concrete & construction materials will not be accepted.
- This program is available to multi-family complexes, however individual units will not receive individual collections. Residents will be required to coordinate with their property management or condominium committee to set a date and location for collections. Mult-Residential can not use this on-line service to schedule a bulk collection. Bulk collections must be booked through the City’s Bulk Collection Line 519-759-0070.
- For your information we have provided a check list of items accepted and how to prepare your household items for Call It In: Bulky Item Pick Up - opens in a new browser window.