At the City of Brantford we value our customers, both internally and externally. We are committed to providing customer service excellence while serving all customers in all aspects of our business.
Today, many organizations are faced with significant challenges in the area of customer service and service delivery for both internal and external customers. The constant change in demographics coupled with high customer expectations is making organizations rethink their customer service strategies.
In 2011 the City of Brantford began to assess the current state of customer service within the organization, to research leading practices, and to develop recommendations in order to provide the City with a strategy for becoming a leader in customer service excellence. As a result of the research conducted and recommendations presented, City Council committed financial resources to the ongoing development of this Customer Service Strategy, staff training and development and the implementation of a long-term customer-focused plan.
The Customer Service Strategy aligns our customer service commitment with our customer service vision, guiding principles, guidelines, resource allocation, and approved implementation plan. These will establish the Customer One Program as the customer service standard for the City of Brantford.
Vision and Guiding Principles
Click to view page "Snapshot of the Future - Vision and Guiding Principles"
The Strategy - What Will We Do and How Will We Do It
Click to view page "The Strategy - What Will We Do and How Will We Do It"
How Will We Measure Customer Service
Click to view page "How Will We Measure Customer Service - Governance and Resources"
Corporate Customer Complaint Policy and Fillable Form
Consistent with the City's Customer One Strategy, the City of Brantford values our customers and is committed to providing excellent customer service in all aspect of our business. The following guiding principles were established to provide customer service excellence and will be used for making internal and external customer related decisions and integrated into the day-to-day business practices at the City of Brantford.
Our commitment in every customer interaction is to…
- Serve all customers with professionalism, skill, and knowledge
- Act with integrity and treat customers with dignity and respect
- Treat customers fairly while complying with all our policies, by-laws and regulations
- Ensure our services are accessible for all customers
- Respond to customer requests in a timely, accurate manner
- Identify ourselves to customers by using our first name and the department in which we work
- Provide our service in the most cost-effective and timely manner possible
- Be flexible while applying judgment and discretion
- Serve the general public, fellow staff members and Council well
- Be fair, honest and consistent
- Be courteous and helpful
- Be accountable to all customers and use feedback to improve our performance and service to our customers
- Ensure all customer service guidelines, standards and processes are accessible to all
- Measure and improve work processes by implementing innovative ideas, applying appropriate technology, training staff to be helpful and knowledgeable, and encourage teamwork among staff
The City of Brantford provides over 198 programs and services to the community and remains committed to enhancing customer service throughout our operations. However, customers may not always be satisfied with a service provided and should have the ability to express their issues or concerns to frontline staff providing the service.
Customers are required to notify frontline staff in the department providing the service of their dissatisfaction with the intent of reaching a satisfactory resolution. City employees will resolve issues or concerns of a customer to the best of their ability, working within established guidelines. If a customer is not satisfied with the handling of their complaint via regular customer service channels or by frontline staff, a formal complaint can be submitted.
Click to open City of Brantford Corporate Customer Complaint Policy (PDF)
Click to submit a formal complaint to the City of Brantford (Online Form)
Online Service Directory
Click to view "Online Service Directory"