How Will We Measure Customer Service?
Fundamental to any effective customer service program are the satisfaction levels of the customers served. During the implementation of the Customer Service Strategy, a number of core activities will take place to provide for the benchmarking of services, service level expectations, reporting mechanisms and opportunities for internal and external customers to provide feedback, which will form the foundation for measurement of success. These methods of measuring performance and satisfaction levels will be integrated into the ongoing review process of Customer One. The feedback will provide for continuous improvement to processes, information, methods of service delivery and accessibility.
The final Customer Service Strategy will be subject to approval of the Senior Management Team and Council. Additional responsibilities associated with this strategy include:
Customer Service Taskforce
- Assist and provide input into the development of a Customer Service Strategy and implementation plan that is applicable to both internal and external customers
- Assist in the gathering and communication of information to and from respective departments
- Consider and approve recommendation of the strategy to Council
- Provide ongoing feedback and support
- Continue to support the research, identification and planning of customer service projects and monitor implementation of recommendations approved by City Council
Executive Management Team
- Consider and approve recommendation of the strategy
- Ensure the strategy aligns with the goals of the corporation
- Review and recommend refinements to the strategy over time as well as plans and required investments
- Identify staff resources to assist with the implementation plan outlined in the strategy
Organizational Leadership Team
- Manage service delivery to ensure focus on the customer and excellent customer service
- Assist in creating a customer-centred culture in departments by integrating customer service into staff communications and meetings
- Each department as part of the strategy should develop specific business processes to meet the customer service standards set and determine key performance indicators to track in order to measure results
As part of the work to develop and implement the strategy, the resource requirements will be reviewed on a regular basis to ensure ongoing management of customer service excellence. Any additional resource requirements will be identified and communicated through the Senior Management Team, the Customer Service Taskforce and addressed through Council and, if required, through the regular budget process.
Vision and Guiding Principles
Click to view page "Snapshot of the Future - Vision and Guiding Principles"
The Strategy - What Will We Do and How Will We Do It
Click to view page "The Strategy - What Will We Do and How Will We Do It"
Start of Customer Service Strategy
Click to view page "Start of Customer Service Strategy"
Online Service Directory
Click to view "Online Service Directory"