Looking to start or grow your business?
A new one-stop, online service, BizPaL helps local businesses start up or grow by providing access to information on business permits and license requirements from all three levels of government. The main goal of BizPaL is to make it faster and easier for entrepreneurs to get started by simplifying the time-consuming document research process.
Follow the simple question and answer wizard to provide information about your business. You will generate a complete list of needed permits and licences from the municipal, provincial, and federal levels of government in one place
BizPaL is the result of a collaborative effort of the City of Brantford, Service Ontario, and Industry Canada.
Click to Use BizPal to Find Permits and Licenses You Need in a new browser window.
Online Services & Information
- Dog License
- Review the dog license fee structure document and then apply for your new or renewal dog license with our pdf application. The Animal Control bylaw is available for your review.
- Home Improvement and Construction Permits & Bylaws
- Start with reading our User Guides to help assist you on the types of permits required for your home improvement or construction needs. Fees are outlined and Applications are available in pdf format.
- Lottery Gaming Licensing & Applications
- Find applications and reports for lottery, raffle and bingo licenses. Other information including fees, audit reviews, terms and conditions.
- Marriage License
- Information on how and where to apply as well as answers to most frequently asked questions on Marriage Licensing and Certificates.
- Special Event Booking & Permits
- The City of Brantford encompasses a wide range of special events that take place on City property or occur within the boundaries of the City. These events require a special event permit and may require you to attend a S.E.A.T (Special Event Advisory Team) Meeting.
- Water Regulations, Permits and Bylaws
- Drinking water and municipal drinking water permits as well as lawn and garden permits are available for your review. Bylaw information and links to provincial regulations on Safe Drinking Water, Clean Water Act and Sustainable Water and Sewage Acts are provided.